DISCOVRY PRODUCT UPDATE
Scale up Your Investigative Team Faster with Simplified Installation
Discovry users can expect to see a host of new quality and stability improvements in our latest release. But that’s not all. We’re also introducing some cool new features which we hope will help accelerate your daily work. The main highlights include the ability to install multiple instances of Discovry software faster than ever before, as well as the option to choose exactly where your data is stored locally.
Installing Discovry on multiple computers has never been easier
Some cases call for larger investigative teams, and this typically necessitates the installation of a single Discovry software license on dozens or even hundreds of computers. Now, a process that used to take hours or days can be executed in a fraction of the time. This is thanks to a new and highly efficient method that allows for the swift distribution and installation of Discovry on multiple computers simultaneously. We also made it easier for administrators to easily update all computers with the latest software version, so you can ensure that every single user is getting the best Discovry experience at all times.
System drive C:? It’s up to you
We’ve also put a lot of thought into how we can make your data collection workflow as efficient as possible. With this release, you can now decide exactly where your data gets stored. So, if you’re currently using the default location, you now have the ability to easily change it to a location that suits you best. For example, if you’re running a virtual machine environment where you use a new instance every day, you can choose to save your data in a consistent area so it won’t be lost. Likewise, if you’re using thin clients that are reinstalled each night, you can now save data in the same area to ensure you don’t lose your cases or have to re-enter your license information every day.
Other improvements you’ll find in this version:
- Improved filtering. It’s now possible to filter all collected data by both date and time.
- The ability to select or highlight multiple images, videos or web pages in your collected data tab.
- Entire folders of pictures and videos can now be uploaded directly to your ”collected data tab”.
- The program works more stably and is less resource-intensive when you upload large amounts of images and movies.
- The Smart Images function has received a major update, and now works faster and better than ever before.
- Generating reports with long audit trails is a much faster process. This is the first step in our ongoing work to improve the report engine. Watch out for more performance improvements in future releases.
- General polishing, improvements, and bug fixes to make the software faster and more reliable.
For a full list of all improvements and updates in the 20.3.0 release, please log in to MyPaliscope and read the release notes. Or simply restart Paliscope Discovry to get the update automatically and try it out!