Privacy & Security Statement
At Paliscope, we understand the paramount importance of safeguarding the privacy and security of our customers. As an organization focused on supporting law enforcement, military, and intelligence organizations by providing them with innovative technology in addition to insights through professional services we are committed to maintaining the highest standards of data protection and transparency. Part of this ongoing work includes a successful Cyber Essential Plus certification that is reviewed yearly.
This Privacy and Security Statement outlines how we collect, use, secure, and manage user data to ensure your trust and confidence in our services. It is also designed to meet the requirements set by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), as well as any other applicable legislation. Please note that this statement does not cover the privacy and security applicable to our product platform license agreements. With that being said, we want to clarify that we do not access any user created data in our products, neither do we give any third parties access to it, unless it is required by applicable law or by proper legal or governmental authority.
Data Collection and Usage
Personal data refers to any information that relates to an identifiable individual, either directly or indirectly. This information can be used to identify, contact, or distinguish an individual, and it can encompass a wide range of data points. It does not include data where the identity has been removed or made anonymous.
- When you interact with the website we may collect information about you, what type of browser and device you use, from what source you entered the website, IP, time zone etc. This in for us to continuously improve our site and its content to make it as useful and relevant as possible.
Contact forms on website
- When you contact us and/or make a request on the website through a form, we will collect relevant identifiable information about you, such as name, email, phone number and job title, in order to fulfil our promise of further action. We may also ask for additional organizational information to conduct business in a way that is legally compliant and aligned with our sales compliance policy.
Email and email marketing
- When you approach us directly through email we will store your contact details to enable communication and conduct business with you.
- As a current or previous product platform user you may receive product updates, organizational updates and other relevant information from us. You have the option to opt-out at any moment.
- We may use technology to let us know if you have opened our marketing emails, your location, type of device and if you have interacted with included links. The purpose of this is to improve our email marketing so you will find them relevant and useful, informing you about our business and offerings.
- When you sign up for our user portal we will save your email to administrate your account. We may also share your email with a third party provider to ensure a secure account administration.
General business-related information
- We may process other personal information from you in order to conduct business.
- The privacy and security applicable to our product platform license agreements are separate from this statement. With that being said, we want to clarify that we do not access any user created data in our products, neither do we give any third parties access to it, unless it is required by applicable law or by proper legal or governmental authority. For more specific information about the privacy and security of our product platform, please contact [email protected]
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by applicable law.
- We may engage with third-party services that adhere to stringent privacy and security standards.
- Third-party services are thoroughly vetted to ensure they meet our privacy and security requirements, and agreements are established to safeguard your data.
- Service providers acting as processors.
- Professional advisers acting as processors or joint controllers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- Regulators and other authorities acting as processors or joint controllers who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
- We prioritize the security of user data through stringent measures that align with industry best practices and CE+ security certification requirements.
- User data is encrypted both in transit and at rest using robust encryption standards to prevent unauthorized access.
- In the event of a data breach, we have established incident response procedures to swiftly address the situation, mitigate risks, and notify affected parties as necessary.
User Consent and Control
- User consent for data collection and processing is obtained through explicit and informed consent mechanisms.
- Users have the right to access, modify, or delete their personal data from our systems.
- You can opt out of specific data collection or marketing communications at any time.
- Contact email@example.com to exercise your rights.
You possess the following rights
- Right to Access You can request access to your personal data, commonly referred to as a “data subject access request.” This empowers you to obtain a copy of the personal data we hold about you and verify its lawful processing.
- Right to Rectification You can request the correction of any personal data we hold about you. This allows you to rectify any incomplete or inaccurate data, while we may need to verify the accuracy of any new information you provide.
- Right to Erasure You have the option to request the deletion or removal of your personal data. This can be exercised when there is no valid reason for us to continue processing it. You can also ask for the erasure of your data if you have objected to its processing, if we processed it unlawfully, or if we’re required to erase it due to local law. However, it’s important to note that specific legal reasons might prevent us from fulfilling your erasure request. We’ll notify you about these reasons, if applicable, when you make your request.
- Right to Object You can object to the processing of your personal data when we rely on legitimate interests (or the interests of a third party). If specific circumstances in your situation lead you to object to this processing due to its impact on your fundamental rights and freedoms, you have the right to object. This also applies when we process your data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that our compelling legitimate grounds for processing override your rights and freedoms.
- Right to Restriction You can request the suspension of processing your personal data in certain scenarios: (a) if you want us to verify the accuracy of the data; (b) if our use of the data is unlawful but you want us to retain it; (c) if you need us to hold the data even when we no longer require it, as you require it to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims; or (d) if you’ve objected to our data use, but we need to ascertain if we have overriding legitimate reasons to use it.
- Right to Data Portability You can request the transfer of your personal data to yourself or a third party. We will provide your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. This right only applies to automated data that you initially provided consent for us to use or that we used to fulfil a contract with you.
- Right to Withdraw Consent If we rely on your consent for processing your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. However, this withdrawal won’t affect the legality of any processing carried out prior to your withdrawal. Please note that in some cases, withdrawing consent may prevent us from providing specific products or services to you. We will inform you if this is the case when you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact the nominated Data Protection Officer for further information [email protected]
Policy Updates and Notifications
- Updated policies are presented to users for agreement before any data collection or processing occurs.
- We are fully compliant with relevant data protection regulations, including GDPR, CCPA, and other applicable laws that ensure the privacy and rights of our users.
- We have not faced any legal actions or fines related to privacy or data protection.
Data Retention and Deletion
- Data retention periods are justified based on the necessity to fulfil our business obligations or legal requirements.
We will only retain your personal data for the duration required to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, including meeting legal, accounting, or reporting obligations.
- To determine the suitable retention period for your personal data, we consider factors such as the volume, type, and sensitivity of the data, potential risks of unauthorized access or disclosure, the purposes of data processing, alternative means to achieve those purposes, and relevant legal mandates.
- Under certain circumstances, you have the right to request the deletion of your data. Further details are provided below.
- In specific situations, we may render your personal data anonymous (disassociating it from your identity) for research or statistical analyses. In such cases, we may use this information indefinitely for research purposes, without requiring further notice to you.
- Upon user request, we promptly handle the deletion of user data, ensuring that your data is securely removed from our systems.
- We provide educational resources to empower users with a clear understanding of our privacy practices, data usage, and user rights.
- Regular communication ensures that users are well-informed about how their data is being used and the measures we take to protect it.
Privacy by Design
- Privacy considerations are seamlessly integrated into the development of all our products and features.
- Privacy impact assessments are conducted for new initiatives involving user data to proactively identify and address potential privacy risks.
- Our internal policies and comprehensive training programs ensure that all employees are well-versed in data privacy and security best practices.
- Regular audits and assessments are conducted to verify that employees are adhering to our stringent data privacy and security policies.
Your privacy and security are of utmost importance to us. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy practices, please do not hesitate to contact our Data Protection Officer at [email protected].
International Transfers of Personal Data
If you are located in the EU or the United Kingdom, Paliscope will only transfer your personal data if:
- The country to which the personal data will be transferred has been granted a European Commission adequacy decision; or
- Paliscope has put in place appropriate safeguards in respect of the transfer, for example Paliscope has entered into EU standard contractual clauses and required additional safeguards with the recipient, or the recipient is a party to binding corporate rules approved by an EU or UK supervisory authority.
Time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Paliscope reserves the right to modify this Privacy Notice at any time, without prior notice, by posting the amended Privacy Notice on our website
The cookies that are categorized as “Necessary” are stored on your browser as they are essential for enabling the basic functionalities of the site.
We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze how you use this website, store your preferences, and provide the content and advertisements that are relevant to you. These cookies will only be stored in your browser with your prior consent.
You can choose to enable or disable some or all of these cookies but disabling some of them may affect your browsing experience.
Necessary Always Active
Necessary cookies are required to enable the basic features of this site, such as providing secure log-in or adjusting your consent preferences. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable data.
Functional cookies help perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collecting feedback, and other third-party features.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics such as the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with customized advertisements based on the pages you visited previously and to analyze the effectiveness of the ad campaigns.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category yet.